Thank you for your interest in scholarships within the Department of Mathematics. Please read the following instructions and eligibility requirements before completing the application.
Eligible students must:
1. Have a declared major in Mathematics.
2. Be enrolled full-time through the 2019-2020 academic year, except for seniors in their final semester before graduation.
3. Have completed at least 12 hours at OSU prior to the Spring 2019 semester and have completed 28 hours by the start of the Fall 2019 semester.
4. Have completed Math 2144, Calculus I, with a grade of A or B or have credit for Math 2144, Calculus I, by AP or other exam with a grade of P.
5. Meet other requirements for specific scholarships as needed, such as being enrolled in particular degree program Options or meeting certain GPA restrictions.
6. Questions about scholarship eligibility and other questions should be directed to:
Dr. Lisa Mantini
410 Mathematical Sciences
Stillwater, OK 74074
Note on scholarship eligibility and amounts:
Applicants are considered for all awards for which they are eligible, but may receive no more than one departmental award. Individual awards vary in amount. Recipients will receive one-half of the award in the fall, and one-half in the spring, pending continued full-time enrollment at OSU and satisfactory progress overall and in courses in the mathematics major. A senior graduating in Fall 2019 will receive an award in Fall 2019 only. Scholarships awards are contingent upon availability of funds and amounts may vary. Acceptance of an award will indicate that the recipient agrees to write a thank-you letter to the donor or to the families of those being honored through these awards.
1. Please complete this e-form in its entirety.
2. Your responses to the essay prompts are limited by character length (approx. 500 words). You may wish to draft responses in a word processor and then copy and paste in the application’s text boxes. Be aware that the online application will not save your progress if you leave the page.
3. You will need to upload your OSU grade report or a copy of unofficial transcript showing all college courses you have taken (at OSU and other institutions) and grades earned.
4. Provide the name and university email address of one OSU Math instructor who is willing to serve as a reference. They will be prompted to submit their comments to email@example.com after the completion of this application.
Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2019 at Midnight
Note to Student-Athletes:
If you are an OSU student-athlete (even if you are not receiving an athletic scholarship), do not list any athletics participation, athletics leadership, or athletics awards on scholarship applications, letters of recommendation, or any other documentation submitted with your application. This includes involvement in athletics at any point in your life. Reporting such activity could make these scholarships impermissible by NCAA rules. Contact Cheryl Flatt (firstname.lastname@example.org), OSU’s NCAA Compliance Coordinator, with any questions.